This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit any of the Kendall Group web sites (corporate information sites, shop sites, mobile applications or other portals/sites Kendall Group may operate) (collectively referred to as our “Website”), register for an event or promotion, attend a trade show, apply for employment with us, or purchase our products, and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
Key points about our information practices are summarized below. You can click on the following points to go directly to the corresponding sections of this policy.
- What we Collect. We collect personal information about you, such as identifying information and contact information.
- How we Collect. We collect personal information about you directly when you provide us, indirectly via online tracking technologies such as cookies, and from third parties such as software platforms and social media networks.
- How we Use. We use your personal information to provide you with our products and services, communicating with you, for marketing and promotional purposes, and for Website analytics and personalization.
- How we Disclose. We may disclose your personal information to service providers and other third parties for various purposes, including to support fulfilling orders and sending mail and emails, to analyze customer data, for marketing assistance, and for customer service purposes.
- Data Security. We take a number of organizational, technical and physical measures that are designed to protect the personal information we collect.
- Choices. You have choices regarding how we use and share your personal information for marketing and other purposes.
- Children’s Privacy. We do not target or knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 13.
- International Data Use and Cross-Border Transfers. We are located in the United States, and your personal information may be collected, used and stored in the United States or other locations outside of your home country.
- Your State Privacy Rights. If you are a resident of certain states, you may have additional rights regarding your control and access to data we collect from you.
- Changes. We may update this policy from time to time.
- Communicating with Us. How to contact us with any questions about this policy.
Please read and review this policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your choice is not to use our Website.
By accessing or using this Website, you agree to be bound by this policy. If you do not agree with any of the terms of this policy, please do not use this website or otherwise provide us with your information.
The types of personal information we obtain about you depends on how you interact with us and our products and services. The personal information we collect includes the following:
- Information by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, email address, title, telephone number, facsimile number, social media account(s) and any other similar identifiers;
- Information regarding how you engage with us on our website, including keywords searched, web pages visited, information uploaded, downloaded or viewed, emails opened from us, Kendall events you participate in, how you engage with us in our social media channels, how you interact with our sites, chat session communications, and, if you create an account with us, your username and password;
- Employment information, if you are applying for a position within our company via the Website;
- Information about you as a customer including your company name, project details, customer identification number, contact identification, level of employment, home branch office, type of industry, search history and category navigation; and/or
- Information about your internet connection, web browser, the equipment you use to access our website, IP address and usage details.
We collect the information about you described above from various sources, including as follows:
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect directly from you on or through our Website or otherwise may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to have an account with us, subscribing to learn more about our products and services, requesting further services, or applying for a job. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
- Information contained in your correspondence (including email addresses) if you contact us or otherwise communicate with us, including via our social media platforms or online chat functionality.
- Payment information, such as credit card information or bank account number, and other purchase information when you purchase our products and services.
- Contact information when you register for an event or promotion, sign up for training, or attend a trade show.
We may also collect other information from you that is not specifically listed here. We may use such information in accordance with this policy.
Information We Get From Others.
We may obtain additional information about you from third-party sources, such as service providers, vendors, social media sites, and advertising agencies to provide you with more relevant information about our services. This information may include your contact information, buying preferences, or cookie information and may be combined with existing information we have about you or used independently for benchmarking or data analytics.
Information Automatically Collected
Links to Other Websites
We use personal information that we have collected about you for several different purposes:
To provide our products and services and communicate with you. We use your contact information, payment information and other personal information to:
- Provide you with our products and services;
- Register you for events and promotions; and
- To respond to your requests, questions, comments, and feedback.
To improve our Website. We use your cookie information to:
- Provide, maintain and improve the Website;
- Better understand your needs and interests, and personalize your experience with the Website; and
- Perform website analytics and database management services.
To send you marketing communications. We may use your contact information to send you newsletters, promotions or other marketing communications, but you may opt out of receiving them as described in the section, Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
To consider you for employment. If you have applied for a job through our Website, we will use the personal information you provide in connection with your application to consider you for that position.
To create and maintain your account. In order to utilize the services provided through the Website, you may create an account using certain personal information, including your name, email address, and phone number.
For compliance, fraud prevention and safety. We may use some or all of your personal information as we believe appropriate to: (a) investigate or prevent violation of the law or your agreements with us; (b) protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by prosecuting and defending legal claims); (c) protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity; (d) comply with applicable laws, lawful requests and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities; and (e) where permitted by law in connection with a legal investigation. For example, we may share information with law enforcement to reduce the risk of fraud or if someone uses or attempts to use our site for illegal reasons.
With your consent. In some cases we may ask for your consent to collect, use or share your personal information.
Any information we collect from you will be kept strictly confidential and will not be sold, reused, rented, disclosed or loaned to third parties, except as otherwise described in this Policy. We may, however, disclose your personal information to third parties for a number of reasons related to our business operations. Specifically, we may disclose your personal information as described in this policy to the following categories of third parties:
- We may disclose your contact information, order and payment information, and cookie information to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and promote our services to you and who are bound by contractual obligations or other appropriate protections to ensure the information is only used for the purposes for which we disclose it to them and in compliance with this policy.
- We may disclose your contact information, order and payment information, and cookie information to third parties for our and their marketing purposes if you have not opted out of these disclosures. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- We may disclose some or all of the personal information we have about you as necessary to fulfill the purpose for which you provide the information.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose some or all of the personal information we have about you as necessary:
- To our subsidiaries, affiliates, and related organizations for use consistent with this policy.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply our terms, see https://www.kendallgroup.com/legal_notices, and other legal rights, including for billing and collection purposes.
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- In connection with a business deal (or potential business deal) such as a merger, consolidation, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets, or in the event of bankruptcy.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions are secure through a third-party PCI-compliant payment service provider.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
What are cookies? Cookies are small data files that are placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. Cookies set by the website are called “first party cookies”. Cookies set by parties other than the website are called “third-party cookies”. Third-party cookies enable third-party features or functionality, such as advertising or website analytics, to be provided on or through the website. The parties that set these third-party cookies can recognize your computer or device both when it visits the website in question and also when it visits certain other websites and/or mobile apps.
How can you disable cookies and other tracking technology? Depending on the type of browser and device that you use, you may have the ability to control the type of information that these tools use. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings. For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your computer or mobile device and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.com.
Do Not Track signals. Some Internet browsers also may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” or similar signals. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
Opting Out of Marketing Communications and Promotional Offers from Us
If you do want us to send you marketing materials to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by clicking here or sending us an email with your request to the email address detailed at the end of this policy. If we have sent you a promotional email, you can follow the opt-out prompt in the email or you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions.
Consequences of Not Providing Personal Information
You are not required to provide all personal information identified in this Policy to use our Site or to interact with us offline, but certain functionality will not be available if you do not provide personal information. For example, if you do not provide personal information, we may not be able to respond to your request, perform a transaction with you, or provide you with marketing that we believe you would find valuable.
Residents of certain states, such as California, Nevada, Colorado, Connecticut, Virginia, and Utah may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see Your State Privacy Rights for more information.
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age, nor do we knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use this Website or provide any information about yourself to us. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us as detailed at the end of this policy.
We are located in the United States and have affiliates and service providers in other countries, and your personal information may be collected, used and stored in the United States or other locations outside of your home country. Privacy laws in the locations where we handle your personal information may not be as protective as the privacy laws in your home country. However, we will handle your personal information in accordance with this Policy regardless of where your personal information is kept. Regarding transfers from the European Economic Area, Switzerland or United Kingdom to the United States, we rely on the derogations for transfers which are necessary to perform the transaction with you. Where required by law, you may request a copy of the suitable mechanisms we have in place by contacting us as detailed below. If you reside in other non-US jurisdictions, your use of the Website or provision of any personal information constitutes your consent for the transfer of such data to the United States for the purposes identified in this policy. If you have questions about cross-border transfers, please contact us as detailed at the end of this policy.
State consumer privacy laws may provide their residents with additional rights regarding our use of their personal information.
Notice to California Residents
Personal Information We Collect. We collect your personal information when you interact with our Website or otherwise communicate with us. In the past 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal information from consumers and have used that information for the following purposes:
|Category of personal information collected||Business purpose of collection||Source(s) of information|
Identifiers such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, and account name
To provide you with our products and service your account and for marketing purposes. Additionally we use this information to detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and report those responsible for that activity
|Directly from you when interact with our Website, correspond with us, create an account, make a purchase, sign up to receive marketing communications, or participate in one of our contests, questionnaires, or surveys; passively when you visit our Website, click on sponsored links or third-party advertisements, or interact with our communications; and from third parties such as our business partners (including online advertising networks), social media platforms and data brokers|
|Consumer records, including signature, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, credit card number, debit card number, or other financial information||To fulfill your order for our products or services||Directly from you when you make a purchase|
|Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law||If you choose to disclose this information, we collect it as part of our employment application process to satisfy our legal requirements||Directly from you if you choose to disclose in connection with your employment application|
|Commercial information, including products and services purchased, and other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies||To provide you with our products and service your account and for marketing purposes||Directly from you when you make a purchase|
|Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an internet website application, or advertisement||To improve our products and services, provide you with more relevant content, optimize your site experience, and for marketing purposes||Passively when you visit our Website, click on sponsored links or third-party advertisements, or otherwise receive our communications|
|Geolocation data||To provide you with our products and service your account and for marketing purposes||Directly from you when interact with our Website, create an account, or make a purchase; Passively when you visit our Website or receive our communications|
|Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information||To respond to inquiries and issues with our products or services||Directly from you if you provide it to us|
|Professional or employment-related information||To consider you for employment||Directly from you if you choose to disclose in connection with your employment application|
We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use or retain the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible business purposes without providing you notice.
Retaining Your Information. We will only keep your personal information in an accessible form which can identify you for as long as we need to for the purposes for which it was collected. Because retention periods vary depending on the purpose for collection, we use certain categories and criteria to determine how long we keep personal information, as further described below. Where your personal information is used for more than one purpose, we will retain your Information for the longer of those periods.
Type of Personal Information
|Personal information processed in connection with customer matters||For as long as we need to for the purposes for which it was collected or earlier if you have directed us to delete your information unless we are required to retain it:
(a) by applicable law;
(b) for regulatory, compliance or insurance purposes;
(c) because there is a dispute that requires it to be kept for longer; or
(d) because there is another legitimate reason which requires it to be kept for longer.
|Personal information processed in connection with your employment application||
Hired applicants – Please see our Employee Handbook for details.
|Personal information processed for marketing purposes||For as long as you have not opted out of our marketing. If you ask us to no longer use your personal information for marketing purposes, we will need to retain certain of your details in our database to ensure that we do not accidentally send you marketing material.|
|Personal information held in our electronic backups||Our electronic backups are retained for six (6) months.|
When we no longer require your personal information, we will take steps to delete or de-identify it. If the information cannot be permanently deleted or de-identified (for example when it is stored in our electronic backups), we will take appropriate steps to ensure that it is: (a) not used in connection with any decision involving you; (b) not shared with anyone except when we are legally required to do so; (c) kept secure; and (d) permanently deleted once possible.
Sharing Your Information. We may sell, share or otherwise disclose some of your personal information to third parties for a business or commercial purpose. In the past 12 months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information to certain third-party subcontractors and service providers for a business purpose:
|Category of personal information disclosed||Category of third parties to whom information is disclosed||Business or commercial purpose for disclosure|
|The following identifiers: name, postal address, email address, phone number, IP address||Advertising networks, internet service providers, data analytics providers, and operating systems and platforms||To provide you with our products and service your account and for marketing purposes|
|The following consumer records: credit card number||Payment processors||To facilitate purchases|
|Commercial purchasing information||Advertising networks, internet service providers, data analytics providers, and operating systems and platforms||To provide you with our products and service your account and for marketing purposes. Additionally we use this information to detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and to report those responsible for that activity|
|The following internet or network activity: website browsing history and other cookie data||Advertising networks, internet service providers, data analytics providers, and operating systems and platforms||To improve our products and services, provide you with more relevant content, optimize your Website experience, and for marketing purposes|
|Geolocation||To provide you with our products and service and for marketing purposes|
|Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law and Professional or employment-related information||Recruitment and hiring service providers, internet service providers, and operating systems and platforms||To review your application submitted through our Website and consider you for employment|
In the past 12 months, we have shared for cross-context behavioral advertising purposes or sold the following categories of personal information with advertising and marketing networks and providers, data analytics providers, and social networks:
- The following identifiers: name, email address, mailing address, phone number, IP address;
- Commercial purchasing information; and
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an internet website application, or advertisement.
You can opt-out of the sale or sharing of your information as detailed in the Your Rights section, below.
Sensitive Personal Information. We do not use or disclose sensitive personal information about you except as necessary to consider you for employment, to prevent fraudulent or illegal actions, and for other purposes that do not infer characteristics about consumers.
Personal Information Of Children. We have no actual knowledge that we sell or share personal information of consumers under 16 years of age.
Your Rights. In addition to the rights described elsewhere in this policy, the laws of California also give you the following rights regarding your personal information:
- Right to Know. You may request no more than twice in a 12-month period that we provide you with copies of specific personal information we have collected, sold, or disclosed about you. However, under California law, we cannot provide you with certain sensitive information, despite your request (for example, we will not send you copies of your social security number even if it is something we collected).
- Right to Delete. You may request that we delete certain personal information we have collected about you, with certain exceptions.
- Right to Correct. You may request that we correct inaccurate personal information that we maintain about you.
- Right to Opt Out. You may opt out of the sale or sharing of your personal information to third parties for cross-context behavioral advertising purposes.
- Shine the Light. Under California’s “Shine the Light” law, you have the right to ask us once a year if we have shared your personal information with third parties for direct marketing purposes.
Exercising Your Rights. To opt out of the sharing of your personal information for cross-context behavioral advertising purposes, you must turn off third-party advertising trackers on any device used to access this Website. Please click here for assistance turning off these trackers. To exercise any of your other rights above, please submit a request to us at www.kendallgroup.com/exercising-your-rights or by contacting us as detailed at the end of this policy. Please describe your request with sufficient detail so we can properly respond to your request. As part of your request, please specify which right you are exercising and be prepared to provide your name, email, and phone number. We may ask for additional information to verify your identity. The information you provide in your request and any follow up information we ask for from you will be used solely to verify your request. After receiving your request, we may need to contact you for further information and will notify you if your request has been granted or declined, or if an exception applies to your request. Only you or an individual designated as your authorized agent to act on your behalf may make a request related to your personal information. We will not discriminate against you if you choose to exercise your rights.
Responding to Your Rights Request. We will try to respond to your request within 45 days. If we need more time, we will contact you with the reason we need more time and the extension period. We will deliver our written response by the same manner in which you contacted us (e.g. by email or mail). In response to your request to know, we will only disclose the information we have collected in the 12 months prior to our receipt of your request. Our response will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with any request, if applicable. We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your request unless your request is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate prior to completing your request.
Notice to Colorado, Connecticut, Virginia, and Utah Residents
We do not process your personal information for the purposes of profiling in furtherance of decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects concerning consumers. We also do not collect sensitive data about you or make sensitive data inferences under the law of your state. If we do collective sensitive data at any point, we will obtain your consent before doing so and provide you with more details about the purposes of processing and data retention periods at that time. We will only retain your information as long as it is reasonably necessary for the purposes for which it was processed. We do not sell your personal information to third parties, but we may process your personal information for targeting advertising, and you can opt-out of this practice as detailed below.
In addition to the rights described elsewhere in this policy, the laws of your state also give you the following rights regarding your personal information.
- Right to Correct. You may request that we correct inaccurate personal information we maintain about you.
- Right to Delete. You may request that we delete certain personal information we have collected about you, with certain exceptions.
- Right of Access. You have the right to confirm whether we are processing your personal information and to access such personal information, and, under certain circumstances, to receive a copy of such personal information.
- Right to Opt Out. You have the right to opt out of the processing of your personal information for targeted adverting.
Only you or an individual designated as your authorized agent to act on your behalf may make a request related to your personal information. To opt out of the sharing of your personal information for targeted advertising, you must turn off third-party advertising trackers on any device used to access this Website. Please click here for assistance turning off these trackers. To exercise any of your other rights above, please submit a request to us here www.kendallgroup.com/exercising-your-rights or contact us as described at the end of this policy. As part of your request, please specify which right you are exercising and be prepared to provide your name and contact information. After receiving your request, we will use the information you provided to authenticate your identity or your authority as an authorized agent. However, we may ask you to provide additional information if we cannot authenticate your identity or authority based on the information you have provided and the information in our records. We will not discriminate against you if you choose to exercise your rights.
We will try to respond to your request within 45 days and notify you if your request has been granted or declined, or if an exception applies to your request. If we need additional time, we will contact you with the reason and the extension period. We will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option. Our response will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with any request, if applicable. We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your request unless your request is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate prior to completing your request.
You have the right to appeal our refusal to take action on a rights request within 30 days after receiving our decision by contacting us as detailed at the end of this policy. We will try to inform you of our decision in writing within 45 days after receipt of your appeal, with a written explanation of our decision. If we need more time, we will contact you with the reason and the extension period. If you are a resident of Colorado, Connecticut, or Virginia and your appeal is denied or if you have concerns about the results of an appeal, you may contact your state’s attorney general by clicking the appropriate link below.
We may revise this policy from time to time and will post the date it was last updated at the bottom of this policy. If we make material changes to how we treat our users’ personal information, we will notify you by email to the primary email address specified in your account. You are responsible for ensuring we have an up-to-date active and deliverable email address for you, and for periodically visiting our Website and this policy to check for any changes.
To ask questions or comment about this policy or our privacy practices, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
August 2023 Version